Geronimo Pratt, 1947-2011
I have so many words to say about this man.. Just wow. Vietnam vet, served TWO TOURS, was all kinds of decorated. Then, after he returned to the states he joined the Black Panther Party - the FBI specifically targeted him as a threat and attempted to “neutralise” him.
He was put in jail for murder, even after the victim’s husband identified another man as the shooter, and his lawyer (who was, fun fact: Johnny Cochran, of O J (yes, that OJ) Simpson trial fame) argued that he was miles away on the night of the murder anyway. His conviction was vacated following 27 years in prison, after it was discovered that the prosecution had suppressed facts material to his conviction.
AND he still went on to campaign for human rights until he died last year. Amazing.
- furrybrofist reblogged this from fremderpixelschubser
- furrybrofist likes this
- fremderpixelschubser reblogged this from ilearneditfromthesmartestman
- kwamejaw reblogged this from ilearneditfromthesmartestman
- kwamejaw likes this
- captainmorganlane reblogged this from ilearneditfromthesmartestman
- disciplesofmalcolm likes this
- ilearneditfromthesmartestman posted this